Thursday, 17 April 2014

Meet this Gang

Pikey



Never



Digby



Butter



Truro



Ruth







4 weeks old and really on the move now


Thursday, 3 April 2014

What Are the Puppies Doing Right Now?

I wish I had better pictures to show you how cute these little guys are, but right now they just seem to do a lot of this...


Which can make them look like this, Milk Coma


And then they dog pile into this...



They are now in their 3rd week
They have all had their nails trimmed.
Their eyes are fully open (although they still don't see well).
Ears should be almost fully open now.
They had their first round of Worm Medicine.
They have started to lift their fat bellies off the ground and walk around.
The have begun to lap goats milk.
They have begun to pee/poo without stimulation from Clover.




Sunday, 23 March 2014

Sleeping & Eating

That's about all the puppies are doing, but they are great at it.  
Digby here is doing both at the same time.

All the puppies are getting big fat bellies, 
and Clover is up and moving after a few days of only rolling around in the whelping box.

Did you know...In the first week:
Puppies double their weight. 
They have a rapid central nervous system development.
They spend 90% of their time sleeping and the other 10% eating.
The puppies need constant attention from mom, as she has to stimulate the pups to pee and poo




Tuesday, 18 March 2014

St Patty Day Pups

7:36 yesterday morning and Clover popped!  Since she is the perfect mom, she knew to ask for help...and I literally woke up to a puppy being born in front of me.  She whelped for about 3 hours until the last pup came out.  


Nugget was the perfect big sister.  She spent her time as a quiet spectator, but wouldn't leave the room.  She laid next to me on the bed, sat next to Arlene on the floor.  She just waited patiently for a chance to get a quick sniff of a little guy, and when she did, she was so gentle (so unlike Nugget).
Clover and the pups will go to the vet today and I will update once we get a clean bill of health.

Saturday, 15 March 2014

How Many are in There?

Can you count the puppies?

Clover went for an Xray today to count the pups so we are better prepared for her whelping.  Vet says everything looks good and she is ready to go!  
We think she should pop between Monday and Thursday!!  Can't wait!

Thursday, 13 March 2014

Max Needs a New Home

A friend of mine came across a craigslist posting about a 1 year old StaffyBull in need of a new home. If anyone is interested check out the link!!  He looks very sweet!!!!!

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/pet/4366538378.html